- 82% of people said they have experienced anxiety about their wedding day
- The wedding dance is the main cause of nervousness among women
- The best man’s speech is what makes men most worried about their big day
- Almost one-fifth of grooms claim they are afraid the bride will not turn up
The wedding dance has been revealed as the main cause of anxiety among brides ahead of their wedding day.
Hen Party Superstore has published a survey of 1100 married and soon-to-be married people which shows the
Confetti photo by Smart
top causes of wedding jitters among both brides and grooms.
The survey found that the main reason for brides being anxious ahead of their big day was the wedding dance. 41% of women surveyed said they were afraid of being the centre of attention during this traditional part of the ceremony.
The best man’s speech was revealed as the top cause of anxiety among men. Although the speech remains a crucial part of the ceremony, 35% of grooms stated they are worried about being embarrassed by their best man.
Furthermore, one-third of grooms stated that committing to one partner for life gave them jitters ahead of their wedding day. This was the second most popular answer among men. 19% also said they are worried their partner will stand them up at the altar too.
30% of brides meanwhile claimed they are afraid of how they will look in the wedding photographs. 24% similarly worry about how they will look in the dress.
Overall, Hen Party Superstore’s research found that 81% of people have experienced or are currently experiencing jitters ahead of their big day.
Biggest Causes Of Wedding Jitters For Brides:
- Being the centre of attention during wedding dance (41%)
- Bad weather ruining the wedding day (33%)
- How they will look in the wedding photographs (30%)
- How they will look in the wedding dress (24%)
- Wedding guest(s) not showing up (21%)
Biggest Causes Of Wedding Jitters For Grooms:
- The best man making an embarrassing speech (35%)
- Committing to one partner for life (33%)
- Bad weather ruining the wedding day (29%)
- Wedding guest(s) not showing up (22%)
- Partner not turning up (19%)
Confetti photo by Smart - https://smartphotocourses.com/wedding-photography-tips/