Thomas Harper, Hirings Manager, Hylands House, Chelmsford, Essex gives advice on how your wedding can be a total success whether there is snow on the ground or if you are basking in a heatwave.
To give extra flexibility to your wedding date, it's good to look at venues that are suitable for a once in a lifetime event - no matter what the season. Some places such as Hylands House also have price scales when it is less expensive to hire in the Autumn and Winter. With our British weather it is good to look at venues that can handle all four seasons in one day!
Hylands House is a Grade II* neoclassical villa situated within Hylands Park a 232-hectare park south-west of Chelmsford. It has beautifully restored period rooms and an adjacent contemporary Grand Pavilion. The place looks stunning in the sunshine and superbly romantic in Autumn mists. It is picture-postcard perfectwhen covered in snow and full of light and colour in the Spring. Venues like this ensure you can have a great day whether it's in June or November.
Here are some tips to help arrange your wedding no matter what the season:
• Ensure there are good travel links by road and public transport and that there is easy access to airports.
• There should be adequate parking with good pedestrian access so it is not difficult to walk to or enter the building if it is pouring with rain or if there is snow on the ground. There should be good storage and cloakroom facilities for coats and hats.
credit - Phil Bourne – e-motion
• Choose a venue that is flooded with light, with large windows and doors that can open onto outside terraces during the Spring and Summer. In the Winter months, make sure these same light airy rooms are heated so that people are bathed in as much light as possible but also snug and warm.
• Whatever the season, have bunches of flowers everywhere. Flower arches that frame doors make for charming and fragrant entrances.
• In the Autumn decorate rooms using mystical woodland themes, use branches of twigs, have rustic wooden crates and insert beautiful flowers. A backdrop of fairy lights behind the top table and on internal and external trees makes for an enchanting setting.
• Mood lighting is wonderful for enhancing the atmosphere. Use coloured up-lighters both inside and out to emphasise your wedding colour scheme. LED candles give soft glow lighting, making the most of outside paths, fireplace mantles etc.
• Select a venue that allows for both inside and outside photography to really capture the magic and enchantment of your day no matter what the weather. Have photographs taken on grand staircases,in front of large ornate mirrors or as you are standing by beautiful entrances. Formal gardens or fairy-tale woodlands, reflective lakes and ponds all make for atmospheric photography. If there is a bridal room or suite, you can also include getting ready with the bridal party with photographs of hair and make-up being done in a beautiful and romantic setting..
Rain or shine, Autumn leaves or Winter snow there are select venues that can help make your wedding the best day of your life no matter what the season.