1. Make sure you get a good night’s sleep! No matter how good your makeup artist is, they won’t be able to get rid of bags under your eyes.
2. If you plan on having a spray tan for your wedding day, trial that a day or two before your trial too. The tone of your skin will impact the colours your artist will use on your eyes, lips and cheeks.
3. Wear white! Just as your skin tone effects the way colour sits with your hair and eyes, as does the colour you are wearing. You will get a much more accurate idea of what your makeup will look like on the actual day if you wear the same colour as your dress to the trial.
1. Make sure your artist gives you a hand mirror so that you can watch every move that is being made.
2. Speak up sooner rather than later! It is much easier to correct something before it is finished. If you can see something that you don’t like starting to take shape, let your artist know.
3. Having said that, often makeup comes together beautifully within the last 5 minutes of application when all the colours tie together. A great makeup artist who you can trust is paramount, but remember that about 50% of them being able to achieve exactly what you want will mean that your communication has to be spot on.
4. It’s a trial so don’t feel bad about wanting to try several lip colours or dabble with false eyelashes. Your makeup artist is supposed to make you feel confident and beautiful, and until you do, the trial isn’t over!
1. Make sure you wear your makeup for a while after the trial. Makeup sometimes takes about 20 minutes to ‘settle’ and once it has, it will look pretty much how it should for the next 7-10 hours.
2. Be aware of what happens to the makeup when you do different things. Is it more likely to slide off your face because you live in a humid climate? Can you see little creases under your eyes where your concealer has settled into the little lines? Take note of everything and let your makeup artist know before your wedding day incase they need to bring a remedy for any problem on the day.
Book your Blush + Blow wedding makeup trial at their Fulham salon from £75. http://blushandblowlondon.com/