Gone are the days of simply picking a colour for your wedding day. Today’s couples not only tend to select a whole colour palette, but they also work to a theme when styling their dream wedding.
A trend appearing in more and more weddings is shabby chic / country garden with plenty of bunting, old apple crates and paper pompoms helping to achieve the look.
Have a look through some of Hylands House wedding styling ideas for your own country themed wedding...
• collect old jam jars, decorate with lace and twine and fill with gypsophila to display around your wedding venue
• use an old battered suitcase as your wedding card holder. Display a sign or mini bunting reading “cards” so your guests know where to deposit their cards
• why not turn an old rickety stepladder into your table plan! Decorated with handpicked, garden flowers with cards outlining who sits where, this can be a striking wedding venue detail
• if your wedding venue has pretty grounds or gardens, make use of them! Hold your drinks reception in the gardens, offer cups of tea and finger sandwiches to keep with the theme and keep the hunger away until the wedding breakfast
• make contact with a farmer who will be able to provide you with hay bales to position around your wedding venue grounds for country style seating for your guests
• fresh cut, garden flowers can be a more affordable yet perfect accessory to your country style wedding. If you or your friends or relatives are keen gardeners, why not grow your own and pick them fresh for the wedding!
• get your creative friends together for a fun pre-wedding styling party where you can make your own bunting, paper pompoms and signs for the day from old pieces of wood.
By Thomas Harper, Hirings Manager, Award-winning Hylands House, Chelmsford, Essex.