Finding the perfect dress can be hard but is such a happy experience, and when you’ve found it, the fun doesn’t stop there! Now is the time to start thinking about your accessories. Blue Lily Magnolia specialises in unique, handmade bridal accessories, items that are bespoke to your requirements or that you won’t find on the high street.
Whether you’d like a gorgeous sash or belt to accentuate your waistline, a statement neckline to draw attention to your upper body, hair embellishments to bring interest in your hair do, or even a keepsake bouquet that you can cherish in the future, here are some advice on choosing your accessories:
- Be clear on what style you’re after. Is it art deco, retro, boho, classic, modern? It is easy to get carried away with pretty accessories, but finding accessories that match your dress style and wedding theme is a must.
- Don’t over do it. With accessories, less is often more. Choose which accessory will be your statement piece and keep the rest low key.
- Most brides want to find something for their hair. I always recommend having your hair trial first, then selecting the accessories. That way, your hair stylist can also advise on the best format for your hair accessories – pins, combs, clips, or band.
- Don’t leave it too last minute, especially if you’re shopping online. Not everything is immediately available, and postage could take a few days.
- If you have a very specific theme, or colour scheme and finding it difficult to find something out there, your best solution is to have something made especially for you!
For some inspiration and more tips for your wedding, visit www.bluelilymagnolia.co.uk, and contact Vanessa on email@example.com for a bespoke request. A range of ready-to-go or made-to-order designs is available on www.bluelilymagnolia.etsy.com.