· Couples forced to cut wedding spend as average cost increases to £8,000
· Wedding dress first to be cut when trying to save money, followed by guest list
· Canapés, favours and cars most likely to be ditched completely to reduce bill
· Couples raid current accounts to pay for wedding, as parents no longer cover the cost
· For tips to save money on wedding costs, visit www.nationwide.co.uk/wedding-costs
New research reveals couples are being forced to scale back their wedding plans as the average cost of getting married reaches £8,000.